Re: TrueType fonts + eps-export + Bug

Hi,

first the bug: dia ends with a segmentation fault when I try to align
some objects. This is the CVS-source of the 09.03.02 compiled with
unicode and freetype enabled.

Is there a bug-tracking system for dia?

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 02:45:58AM +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:

> HbJ> Hi,
> HbJ> I have downloaded the sources of Dia from CVS and compiled it with
> HbJ> unicode and freetype support successfully. Everything works fine but 2
> HbJ> things:
>
> HbJ> 1. When I start dia the following error is printed:
>
> HbJ> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 713 (gtk_container_add): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.
>
> HbJ> and a small window shows up, with the title "Loading", containing a
> HbJ> small progress bar (I think) and the text "Dia v 0.89". This window
> HbJ> stays on the screen until I close it from the titlebar-menu, after
> HbJ> what the main window pops up.
>
> Where do you install compiled CVS dia?
> I think that dia maybe couldn't find
> $datadir/dia/dia_logo.png (if you specify --prefix=/usr to
> the configure script, it point /usr/share/dia/dia_logo.png).

This only happens when I start dia with ./app/run_dia.sh from the
source tree to test it, it went away after installation. But I would
suggest anyway to skip the splash screen if the logo is not found.

> HbJ> 2. This one is more important: I can use TrueType fonts to draw my
> HbJ> diagrams, but when I export them to "eps", ghostscript can't display
> HbJ> the eps-files and stops with an error. Is this a dia or a ghostscript
> HbJ> problem?
>
> freetype support is not completely implemented. this problem
> is not related to your environment ;)

For this one I followed the advice of Lars and converted the TrueType
fonts to Type1 and it works fine.