Re: What's the prerenderer do?

Le Mon, Mar 04, 2002, à 01:45:03PM -0600, Lars Clausen a écrit:

> In a later version, we could have the user setup what fonts should be
> assumed available, so those with localized printers can make use of that.
> It would be nice to be able to ask the printer what fonts it has
> available...

Nooo, please nooooo !!!

This leads towards unportable PS and PDF. For what ?? 0.7 second less time
for the first sheet of paper ?

Please. Not this. Let's stick to the portable set of fonts only (high-end
printers or software rasterisers will some sort of caching anyway).

Translators have no business knowing about font names; we have to do this
for the moment, but it's an ugly kludge.

Grumpf.