Re: Another XSLT Plugin / Makefile problem?

Le Thu, Jun 27, 2002, à 11:41:33AM +0100, Andrew Ferrier a écrit:
> A fresh checkout of Dia this morning (10AM BST), followed by
>
> ./autogen.sh && make dist

Try to stick with simply "make" -- this will yield the executable. "make
dist" is to generate tarballs...

(though periodically running "make distcheck" and "make dist" and reporting
on the results *is* helpful -- but separately running a simple "make" and a
simple "make --recon install" help classify the problems between
construction and packaging)

> produces the following:
>
> cd ../.. \
[snip]
>   && automake --include-deps --build-dir=$here
> --srcdir-name=../.. --output-dir=$top_distdir --gnu
> plug-ins/xslt/Makefile
> plug-ins/xslt/Makefile.am:14: warning: automake does not
> support conditional definition of plugin_sources in
> plugin_extra_dist
> make[2]: *** [distdir] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/dia/plug-ins/xslt'
> make[1]: *** [distdir] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/dia/plug-ins'
> make: *** [distdir] Error 1

... because make dist also checks for some quality level (thus bans automake
warnings).

I guess the right solution is to just *require* libxslt (on *nix) at build
time (distributors may ship the libxslt-plugin in a separate binary package
if they don't want to have the whole dia package depend on libxslt).
Alternative is to have clunky code in Makefile.am (or is it?).

For Windows, this is irrelevant, Hans can make the appropriate decisions in
his VC-specific Makefiles.

Lars, what do you think we should do with this issue? Woody does include
libxslt1, I guess much everyone else should have it included as well.

Grumpf.