Re: Getting rid of old home-grown FontSelector

At 22:10 24.06.02 +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
>Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 09:34:52PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:
>>[...]
>Well, what I mean is, let's say an object defaults to Sans. I want it in
>Serif (generic Serif). Will GtkFontSelector allow me do do that, without me
>having to specifically fish for Sans (and ending up with DIA_FONT_ANY_FAMILY
>anyways) ?

Yepp. The 'special names' are displayed in the font selector as if they
were normal. There is no special indication about them being special
though.

>> Which reminds me, we could use these bits while saving and
>> don't save the family name at all if set.
>>
>> On the other hand the _three_ font family names with a special
>> meaning are inherited (and configurable by Pango). They are
>> 'Sans', 'Serif' and 'Monospace' and are already saved as such.
>
>Would that reset the family bit to DIA_FONT_SANS (and the two others) if I
>select Sans in the GtkFontSelector ?

It doesn't matter. The current implementation only respects the
DiaFontFamily if no name is given: than it defaults to one of
the three magic names. If you give such a name at creation ->
same effect.

	Hans