Re: Getting rid of old home-grown FontSelector

Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 09:34:52PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:
> >At Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:16:56 +0200  Cyrille Chepelov wrote
> >>Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 08:26:42PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:
> >> After fidling half the last night in widgets.c to make our home-grown
> >> FontSelector work with the recent DiaFont changes I've given up.
> >>
> >> Is there any reason we shouldn't use the standard GtkFontSelector and
> >> integrate it into Dia like the GtkColorSelector ?
> >
> >It would be nice if there was a way, after using the GtkFontSelector, to go
> >back to the default three families -- I don't know how to do this easily. Or
> >if it is really worth it.
> In this respect my patch wouldn't change current behaviour.
> The policy I see is:
> If you don't want fonts to change, don't touch the font selector.

Well, what I mean is, let's say an object defaults to Sans. I want it in
Serif (generic Serif). Will GtkFontSelector allow me do do that, without me
having to specifically fish for Sans (and ending up with DIA_FONT_ANY_FAMILY
anyways) ?

> >All in all, we have gone back and forth between
> >policies in a couple days, going from "fonts but only 4 styles" to "all
> >variability", so maybe the real font selector is the more sensible choice
> >here.
> When did we go "fonts but only 4 style". Do you mean your first
> misinterpretation of the meaning and usage of DiaFontFamily?

even before. Circa Saturday. But that doesn't matter.

> Which reminds me, we could use these bits while saving and
> don't save the family name at all if set.
>
> On the other hand the _three_ font family names with a special
> meaning are inherited (and configurable by Pango). They are
> 'Sans', 'Serif' and 'Monospace' and are already saved as such.

Would that reset the family bit to DIA_FONT_SANS (and the two others) if I
select Sans in the GtkFontSelector ?

Grumpf.