Re: Dia Anon. CVS Updates?

Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 09:31:48AM +0100, Andrew Ferrier a écrit:
> I was having problems with updates from the anon. CVS server
> yesterday, so took a look through dia-list archives, and saw
> someone had mentioned something about mirroring for it taking a
> long time. But I've been waiting for Cyrille's fix (below)
> since about 16 BST yesterday, and it still hasn't arrived, with
> a fresh checkout and build from CVS at about 8 BST this
> morning. Is it really meant to be this slow? It's a right pain
> in the ...erm... posterior.

I don't know exactly how much is it lagging behind the primary CVS. It is
very possible that there is only one rsync per day (conveniently somewhere
between 8 BST and 16 BST...)

> Not really complaining already (honest!), but is there a way
> around this problem? Another way I can access the server to get
> updates that might be quicker? Would like to avoid using the
> CVS snapshots as it will almost certainly screw up my sources.
> Alternatively, are there any other mirrors etc?  Can't find any
> documented.

You might try using the snapshots to get the updates, then generate a patch
against the same snapshot, then apply the patch to the anoncvs tree once it
eventually catches up...

Grumpf.