Re: Help out with Dia (was Re: Minor dia build error?)

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
> On 2002-06-23 at 16:26 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:
>
>> A look at the mailing list should show that Dia currently has
>> _massive_ changes. If you don't plan to help on this it
>> probably would be better to not use the cvs version for the
>> next few days ...
>
> OK, this bug has been taken care of by Cyrille now anyway, but
> this does raise a point I've been wanting to mention...
>
> I find myself relatively rich in free time at the moment, and
> I'd like to help out with Dia. I'm not sure of the best way to
> go about this and I was wondering if one of the maintainers or
> more mature project members could suggest something.
[...]>
> I'd like to trying working on something like that, and submit a
> patch at the end (have to figure out how to use patch too --- I
> know I'm missing a lot of knowledge here but I've just left
> Imperial College with a Master's Computing degree and I'm a
> fast learner (sorry about that bit of boasting there but I'm so
> glad to be free of uni. at last! Woohoo! Real world here I
> come! Or something...)

The easiest way to do stuff that doesn't conflict with ours and isn't too
GTKish is to work on plugins, either import/export or objects.

For some ideas for stuff to do, see
<URL:http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=dia&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_severity=enhancement&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=substring&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=substring&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&op_sys_details=&op_sys_details_type=substring&version_details=&version_details_type=substring&cmdtype=doit&namedcmd=0.88.1&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&form_name=query>

Those are all our enhancement requests.

A new import/export filter is also always welcome and fairly easy to do.