Re: Is anybody else working on diagram_tree*.[ch]? Re: Dia goes Gtk2,anyone else with it ?

At 19:47 17.06.02 -0400, Xing Wang wrote:
>I just want to avoid duplicate work.
>
>On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 08:31, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
>>
>> > There are some widgets in Gtk1.2 which were considered so broken,
>> > that a complete re-write appeared to be appropriate in Gtk2.
>> > They are GtkText (replacement GtkTextBuffer/GtkTextView) and GtkTree
>> > (replaced with GtkTreeView GtkTreeModel). To still use the old
>> > widgets one needs to define GTK_ENABLE_BROKEN.
>diagram_tree*.[ch] use lots of deprecated GtkCTree. I'm converting them
>to GtkTreeView/GtkTreeModel and have a basically working version now:
>-- tree view with icon and label name
>-- clicking to select an object in a diagram.
>	Yet to do:
>-- update the tree automatically when add/delete objects/diagrams
>-- handle hidden object types

I've given it some thoughts but not yet found the time to
implement any of it. Nice to hear that you are working
on it. Just for reference here are some of the more
concrete ideas:

- Create stock icons from object pixmaps. They could be
  used later for some all-tools-menu generation as well.
- Build a tree model to handle:
Diagrams
  Layers (Some visual notification of visibility would be nice.
          Maybe even the option to change and/or hide the invisible
          layers and their objects all together)
    ObjectTypes (these are the stock icons, which probably need
                 their own sort functioon
      Object Name Poperty or Typename (on the same line as
                 ObjectTypes but allow to sort by this too.)

- Create the TreeView with:
    Diagram, Layer, Type, Name
  as the labels. Sorting obviously should be restricted to the
  current level of the tree, i.e. sorting by object type does
  not change the order of Diagrams and Layers.

- Add the missing Layer manipulation functionality to finally
  get rid of the separate layers dialog.

Have fun,
	Hans