Re: plugins

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 07:03:34PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Le Tue, Jun 18, 2002, à 02:08:27PM +0200, Matthieu Sozeau a écrit:
>
> > 	I have 2 questions about plugin developpement. First, I need to
> > 	have a separate directory for files in my plugin (XML
> > 	stylesheets and configuration), is it ok to add a
> > 	DIA_PLUGIN_PATH=$(pkgdatadir)/plugins/$(plugin_name) ?
>
> Yes.

Nice :)

> > 	Second, I need to make some cleanup when dia quits if my plugin
> > 	is loaded, but plugin_unload doesn't get called when exiting dia. Is
> > 	it normal behavior? (My plugin can_unload works in the plugins
> > 	pannel).
>
> Probably not. I guess something is misbehaving here.
>
> (just out of curiosity, what kind of clean-up ? What happens the next time
> when dia has been -9'ed and the clean-up did not take place ?)

Some dynamically allocated strings do not get freed...that's all.

I have one more question: i'd prefer using a directory for my export
plugin (it outputs multiple source files). Is it possible to allow
directories in the gtk "open" dialog? If not, that means i will need to
open a "find directory" dialog in the plugin, which is annoying. I have
no ideas as to use another workaround... Currently, i use a "*.code"
filter and type a file name but this file never get written. Any ideas?

I changed the plugin a bit. Now one can select a "from" (UML,...) and "to"
stylesheet (java, c++, idl, ...) in the dialog. There is a configuration file to allow
easy adding of new stylesheets for exporting. I'll send the address of
the current version soon for those who want to test it.

--
"Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday. "
 - Woody Allen