Re: gtk2.0 conversion & prerequisites

[composing a reply by hand cause this mail didn't get
 through my provider]

At Sun, 2 Jun 2002 10:14:20 +0200 Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
>*** imlib*:
imlib support is ripped out since:
2000-10-07  James Henstridge  <james@daa.com.au>

	* app/Makefile.am (dia_LDADD): remove GDK_IMLIB_LIBS reference.

	* app/commands.c (help_about_callback): remove imlib code.

And AFAIR it's almost dead on win32 since than.

>*** libgdk-pixbuf2:
>
>This one seems to have been swallowed by libgtk2.0; has
>it ???
Yupp.

>*** libxml1:
>
>Of course libxml2 is available. Let's put the poor libxml1 to rest, at long
>last. We will still need the hackish XML load-time wrapper to handle the
>case where we didn't specify the encoding and didn't encode in UTF-8 (all
>pre-0.90 releases).
Uhm you mean that stuff which was broken since:

2001-09-14  Hans Breuer  <hans@breuer.org>

	* lib/dia_xml.c : reduce complaing about missing encoding, by
	detecting if the default (utf8) would break the file.

Already put the patch into cvs.

>Let's give us one quiet week for a "brown bag" release,
>and heck, if nobody
>else complains about "gtk2.0 is not mature enough", 'nuff waiting.
Even if someone is complaining about gtk2 let us force him to first
take a deep look at it _and_ stew some time in Dia's #hell :-)

Or at least take a look at (Gnome1/2 comparsion):
http://www.gnome.org/~mathieu/summary/summary.html

	Hans