Re: Unicode Prerequeites for dia-0.90 ?

Le Sun, Jun 02, 2002, à 06:29:51PM -0400, Frederick C. Druseikis a écrit:

>  I've been compiling with /usr/include/unicode.h which comes from the GNOME
>  libunicode development package. Version is 0.4.0.

OK. I assume it's similar enough to the one on my system.

>  typedef unsigned int unicode_char_t;
>
>  I put this declaration at the beginning of lib/charconv.h There appear to be several places
>  where it is needed;  and there appears to be an assumption that UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS is
>  defined because it is set twice in config.h

Yep.

>>  Whether this succeeds or fails, I would love to know the outcome. Sounds
>>  like one extra configure check may help here.
>
>  But I also needed to define unicode_iconv_t too (also by putting it in lib/charconv.h).
>  With these to changes (--with-iconv-prefix=) and defining both of these types, I can get it
>  all to compile, *but it can't link*.
>
>  The linker is looking for symbols such as unicode_strlen  unicode_strchr, etc.
>  So I see these are defined kind-of in lib/charconv.h, but I don't get how they
>  are supposed to connect to libunicode.

These symbols are defined in -lunicode. For some reason, this should have
been put in your global LDFLAGS by configure.in, but has not.

>  Is UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS supposed to be GLOBALLY DEFINED?
>  Or is it supposed to be Globally UNDEFINED and locally DEFINED as needed?

Yes, UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS is supposed to be defined globally. Actually,
we're about to remove the need to define it and make it the only case.

Grumpf.