Re: Pango, UTF-8 & Latin1

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Alejandro Aguilar Sierra wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Alejandro Aguilar Sierra wrote:
>
>>> Maybe this is a silly question, but how can I manage this?
>>> Is it not supposed that Latin1 will be supported until everywhere is
>>> used UTF?
>>
>> What does the that of that Dia file say?  There should be an encoding
>> on the very firt line.  Is this a very old file?
>
> Do you mean this line?
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> It has it. If I change it to

> it works but the accented characters are not displayed either, nor I can
> insert new ones from the keyboard.

I see the problem.  This is a very important bug, and I wish I knew more
about encodings and stuff so that I could fix it.  Make sure to submit a
bug report on it.  In fact, there should probably be several separate
reports: One that Dia doesn't assume that files without specific encoding
is latin1, one that it doesn't read latin1 encoding correctly (and probably
not others, either), and one about how to input non-ascii chars.