ChangeLog change #1000

In light of just having committed version #1000 of ChangeLog, I invite you
all to come see the improvements.  Text rendering is much improved, with
the cursor now behaving and the bounding box bounding.  Arrowheads are
prettier, cursors are changing, zigzaglines can figure out their direction
(at least on standard boxes:), there are new arrow styles and prefs
settings for paper size and portrait/landscape, exporters can now see
objects as objects, error messages are collapsed, etc etc.

Warnings: Exporting text doesn't work for all exporters, as we have trouble
getting a postscript name from Pango.  Also, the standard line objects are
using defaults dialog settings rather than the toolbox settings, we are
looking into that.

If somebody can give us hints on how non-Latin1 input is supposed to work
with Pango, I would love to try that out.

As soon as the exporters handle text reasonably and input is good, it could
be time for a new release.  Thus, the theme of this release is Pango.
Hopefully, the theme for the next release can be User-Friendliness.

-Lars

P.S. If you're in doubt whether anoncvs has updated, this is the way to check:

$ grep ChangeLog CVS/Entries
/ChangeLog/1.1000/Wed Jul 31 03:11:41 2002//
             ^^^^ Many happy changes