Re: building shapes

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:
>
>> Date: 16 Jul 2002 09:50:00 -0500
>> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
>> To: dia-list@gnome.org
>> Subject: Re: building shapes
>>
>> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Michael Plotsker wrote:
>> > does anyone know of a source for 2d building shapes i.e. doors,
>> > kitchen cabinets, sinks toilets, tubs, furniture, etc for dia? I would
>> > like to use it as a poor man's cad program for planning my
>> > construction project on my house.
>>
>> Someone was talking about doing this earlier, but I never saw any shapes
>> for it.  With exporting as shapes and the sheets&objects dialog, it's
>> pretty easy to do a basic set yourself.  If you do make some, we'd be
>> happy to include them in Dia.
>
> i added a quarter cirle to the CVS version of dia, which might be userful
> for representing doors and stuff

You can do many a thing with the Beziergons.

> dia does yet not allow connecting lines to lines which would be helpful
> for this kind of thing (although i suspect i could hack the XML and get
> myself an SVG path)

Not so, you just can't connect to endpoints (which may be what you want
here).  The problem is that when searching for a connection point to
connect to, the line would find itself and it would be very ... strange.
I suppose we could add a 'not-this' object to those calls.