Re: building shapes

On 16 Jul 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: 16 Jul 2002 09:50:00 -0500
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: building shapes
>
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Michael Plotsker wrote:
> > does anyone know of a source for 2d building shapes i.e. doors, kitchen
> > cabinets, sinks toilets, tubs, furniture, etc for dia? I would like to
> > use it as a poor man's cad program for planning my construction project
> > on my house.
>
> Someone was talking about doing this earlier, but I never saw any shapes
> for it.  With exporting as shapes and the sheets&objects dialog, it's
> pretty easy to do a basic set yourself.  If you do make some, we'd be happy
> to include them in Dia.

i added a quarter cirle to the CVS version of dia, which might be userful
for representing doors and stuff

you can grab the my assorted shapes here instead if you like
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/dia-Assorted.zip

have not had time to get any further than that but there is definately
interst in this kind of thing.  I want to creat a sheet called Floorplan
but definately should be doing other work for the next month and a bit.

might be awkward to easily have differnt lines marking thick out walls
versus thin inner walls but perfectly do able.

dia does yet not allow connecting lines to lines which would be helpful
for this kind of thing (although i suspect i could hack the XML and get
myself an SVG path)

good luck, please do share any shapes you draw
which reminds me ...

Sincerely
Alan Horkan