Re: Web Page Problems?

On 17 Jul 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: 17 Jul 2002 17:48:45 -0500
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: Web Page Problems?
>
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Tim Ellis wrote:
> > I commonly get "connection refused" errors from the Dia homepage.
> > Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
> >
> > Is this a known problem? I seem to regularly get this problem from
> > home/work and only with the Dia homepage.
>
> I saw it the other day as well.  I'd really like to move away from lysator
> onto a system where we have more control, like, say, gnome.org?  Must look
> into that.
>
> -Lars

Even before reading Philip and Alexs [Greenspun] guide to web publishing i
have been a nut about broken links on websites.
Also dia is such a short name that it may get lost in google if a change
was not done very carefully and in such a way as to minimize breakage.

I have loads of suggestions, which i will save for a later date.

Sincerely
Alan