Re: Font size and screen resolution

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Martin Edlman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Problem: Dia uses different fonts on different screen resolution
> 	 which causes problem with displaying and printing.
>
> Note:	 Please reply to my address edlman@dzungle.ms.mff.cuni.cz, I'm not
> 	 subscibed to the list. Thanks.
[...]
> 	Please help, how to make Dia to use proper fonts on different
> resolutions?

I seems I am officially in charge of font handling now, due to trying to
hack up FreeType support:)  I'm trying to get away from the frankly
horribly hard-coded font list in there now, but I'm having trouble with the
actual rendering for FreeType.  I'm guessing the trouble you see lies in
suck_font, yes?  I shall have to investigate what FreeType does at
differing resolutions.

-Lars

P.S.:  I'm making an exception this time, but it's considered impolite to
ask a question on a mailing list and request the reply CC:ed.  If you don't
even care to join the list while your question is being answered, why
should we care to answer?  And half the time people will forget the CC:
anyways.