Re: UML and Fonts when changing monitor resolution

I'll start over so that it's clear:

Problem:

Text width in UML class objects exceeded ACTUAL width of the class object
border when running at 1280x1024 resolution. Everything worked fine at
1600x1200.

System & Setup:

FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE
XFree86 4.1.something
gtk-1.2.something

So, I poked around the objects/UML source a bit as well as the general
font handling. The fonts stuff looked like no fun, so I figured I'd just
mess with the UML stuff because it was easier to swap out with my existing
installation too.

Around line 600 in objects/UML/class.c there's a line that looks like:

umlclass->element.width = maxwidth + 2*0.3;

so I just tweaked the value assigned to umlclass->element.width until I
found one that worked for me. It ended up being:

umlclass->element.width = maxwidth + 2*1.3;

This value worked for me at all scale and zoom levels and all combinations
that I tried. I imagine I'll have to tweak other UML objects as I go
along, but the changes should conceptually be the same.

Thanks to everyone who helped along the way.

--cameron