Re: UML and Fonts when changing monitor resolution

On Wednesday, 23 January, 2002 17:24, Cameron S. Watters
<cam-listsubs@h2os.org> wrote:

> BAH> To solve the problem of lines ending up "disconnected", perhaps you
can use
> BAH> the same workaround that I outlined in an answer on 2002-01-21 to
> BAH> eg_lwkae@stu.ust.hk in the thread "Predict the size of a UML class".
> BAH>
> BAH> Not a perfect solution, but it works reasonably well...
>
> I saw that. This is the lesser of my two problems as Dia seems to do what
> you describe pretty well if I make sure the lines actually attach to the
> connection points of the various objects. The only problem is that when
> switching between resolutions, some objects have to be moved slightly in
> order for the connection lines to remain straight (i'm anal ok?).

Hmmm... let me see if I got this one straight <g>.
You want to have the lines sorta "connected" to the objects, yet don't want
to actually connect them (à la "red handle"), because that makes the lines
not 100 % vertical/horizontal in some cases?

In that case, what about using zig-zag lines?
(It's what I do at least...)

> BAH> What about scaling the entire diagram down to a lower factor? This
should
> BAH> cause smaller fonts to be selected as well.
>
> My document was built scaled down to 25. Also, changing the scale doesn't
> seem to do anything for me on screen WRT font size. It just makes the page
> borders on the background move.

Zoom?

> Or just tell me to bug off if this question is beyond the scope of the
> list.

I think we should have plenty of room here for your questions... and it's
valuable feedback after all!

-+-Ben-+-