Re: Gnome 2.0

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 11:58, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Le sam, jan 05, 2002, à 10:01:42 +0000, Michael Meeks a écrit:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > 	I was wondering; what version of Gtk+ the latest Dia is tracking, and
>
> 1.2.10
>
> > whether you guys have forked for Gnome 2.0 ? and if so when you hope to
> no.
>
> > have a full port.
<snip>
> Before we even attempt a GNOME2 port, there is still a lot of work to do
> towards i18n and UTF-8isation. This can be done *now* (I've done about 50%
> last summer, never got time to finish), and will benefit not only the
> current code base on both *nix and Win32, but also help getting the G2 port
> up to speed.
>
> And yes, the G2 port will probably benefit a lot from DiaCanvas.

Hi,

I've checked out the latest DIA from CVS today. I can come up with some
sort of porting plan (which includes DiaCanvas2). I think I should focus
on the following things:
- Moving out display code out and putting DiaCanvas into place
- Creating some sort of wrapper object for "old" DIA classes
  - wrap the "Renderer" interface
  - wrap "Object" interface
- Handling DiaCanvas' lack of ConnectionPoints
- ...

Hmmmm... The list is getting longer and longer... I'll do some
research...

Regards,

Arjan