Re: Gnome 2.0

Le sam, jan 05, 2002, à 10:01:42 +0000, Michael Meeks a écrit:
> Hi Guys,
>
> 	I was wondering; what version of Gtk+ the latest Dia is tracking, and

1.2.10

> whether you guys have forked for Gnome 2.0 ? and if so when you hope to
no.

> have a full port.
We don't have the manpower, I don't have a stable GNOME 2.0 installation on
my machine (and I don't expect it to be actually stable until
$(GNOME2_0_OFFICIAL_RELEASE) + $(LINUS_USUAL_STABILISATION_LAG), and won't
try until I'm satisfied with the stability of GNOME2 ), and nobody has
volunteered to make such a fork (which I consider foolish for the time
being. We don't even have the manpower to do a proper and orderly formal
release; besides I can't even do mundane tasks like bug triaging, since my
request for account change on the GNOME bugzilla went to /dev/null).

Before we even attempt a GNOME2 port, there is still a lot of work to do
towards i18n and UTF-8isation. This can be done *now* (I've done about 50%
last summer, never got time to finish), and will benefit not only the
current code base on both *nix and Win32, but also help getting the G2 port
up to speed.

And yes, the G2 port will probably benefit a lot from DiaCanvas.

Grumpf.