Re: Struggling with CVS version of dia

Cyrille Chepelov wrote on Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:19:41AM +0100:
> Le jeu, jan 03, 2002, à 06:45:09 -0500, Martin Cracauer a écrit:
>
> > The name of the perl interpreter in xml-i18n-merge doesn't get
> > substituted by configure (the file gets generated, though), I assume
> > this is an autoconf problem, but can't figure where to get the right
> > macro files
>
> xml-i18n-tools stuff should go and be replaced by intltools. I've been
> wanting to do that for some time already, but never got around to actually
> doing it.

Oh.  I really hate this internationalization stuff.  My admiration for
tangling with this.

> > In
> >   app/menus.c
> > I need
> >   #include <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h>
>
> Patch welcome.

Appended.  CC'ed to you in case the list cuts the attachment.

> > After patching these things I run into a segfault.  Backtrace follows,
> > note the bad address for the accelerator.  Does this look familiar to
> > someone?
>
> How do you run into this segfault (just running the program ?).

Yes, just calling with no commandlines and from an empty ~/.dia

> Unfortunately, no, this doesn't look familiar to me.

Could you please give me the version numbers you have for the tools
listed below?

> gtk-config: 1.2.10
> glib-config: 1.2.10
> autoconf: autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
> automake: automake (GNU automake) 1.5
> libtool: ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11
> 03:18:52)
> gcc: 2.95.2
> i686 Linux 2.4.6
> libc-2.1.3.so

> Just out of curiosity, what kind of plug-in are you developing ?

NATO APP-6 military symbols.  The guys are using MS word with symbols
as Truetype fonts right now, making diagrams with spacebar
positioning.  That can't be it I guess :-)

What is the current state of dia on Win32, BTW.  Is there any person
using it regularily?

Martin