Re: Struggling with CVS version of dia

Le jeu, jan 03, 2002, à 06:45:09 -0500, Martin Cracauer a écrit:

> The name of the perl interpreter in xml-i18n-merge doesn't get
> substituted by configure (the file gets generated, though), I assume
> this is an autoconf problem, but can't figure where to get the right
> macro files

xml-i18n-tools stuff should go and be replaced by intltools. I've been
wanting to do that for some time already, but never got around to actually
doing it.

> In
>   app/menus.c
> I need
>   #include <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h>

Patch welcome.

> The top-level Makefile tries to call ./po/update.sh, which aborts
> saying it is deactivated.

... because of the already mentioned xml-i18n-tools 'detail'.

> The documentation Makefiles try to install *.html and *.css even though
> those are not built by the default make target.  I figure they should
> depend on a install-<something> target instead.

Hmmm. True.

> After patching these things I run into a segfault.  Backtrace follows,
> note the bad address for the accelerator.  Does this look familiar to
> someone?

How do you run into this segfault (just running the program ?).
Unfortunately, no, this doesn't look familiar to me. OTOH, I haven't yet got
the time to upgrade my CVS tree, which is now a month old ('historic telecom
operator' is only an euphemism for 'lazy and undercompetent monopoly with
token competition').

> gtk-config: 1.2.10
> glib-config: 1.2.10
> autoconf: autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
> automake: automake (GNU automake) 1.5
> libtool: ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52)
> gcc: 2.95.2
> i686 Linux 2.4.6
> libc-2.1.3.so
>
> %%
>

> I don't really need a newer version that 0.88.1, however I want to
> build a plugin package and would prefer to test it on both release and
> CVS version.
>
> So, if you say the API will not change, that is fine for me also.

I wish that could ever be said. M'kay, there have been some API changes last
summer, and I'm afraid this means a PLUGIN_VERSION change (unless my
memory's blurry and these changes went into 0.88.1 already).

Just out of curiosity, what kind of plug-in are you developing ?

Grumpf.