Re: Floor plans?

Quoting Greg Trounson (gregt@maths.otago.ac.nz):
> "Ole-Johan Lauvås" wrote:
> >
> > Dia is wrong application for that task. Use Cycas from http://www.cycas.de
> >

> Are you sure?  Dia has a lot of potential, and has an "almost there but
> not quite yet" feel when it comes to floor plans, at least for those of
> us that don't want something as complicated as Cycas.
> I also could not locate the CVS tree for cycas.  It appears to be closed
> source.

I like the idea. I think the ease with which you can slap together a
rough floorplan in Visio attests to how Dia could do this quite well.

I think Cycas and many of the other drafting tools available are quite
nice, but they really answer a different need than the "drag and drop
some shapes" approach Dia allows -- more for the person trying to
model a home than for the person trying to figure out how to shuffle
his furniture around.

Or the person trying to make floormaps for his Shadowrun game, for
that matter. ;)

--
Geoff Gerrietts <ggerrietts@yahoo.com>
-rw-rw-rw-:  permissions of the beast