Floor plans?

Greetings,

I have used the latest version of Dia to draw up a floorplan of an
existing split-level house.

This was no easy task, as none of dia's built-in widgets have common
floorplan-style symbols such as walls, windows and doors.  I instead
resorted to a combination of lines, polygons and bezier curves.  It also
revealed (IMHO) a few shotcomings of dia, especially in the area of
scaling to arbitrary units.  I gave up on trying to make it to scale in
the end.

Is there any plan to incorporate a widget/shape/sheet (pardon my
terminology, I don't know what they're really called) with building plan
graphics?  I understand that making plug-in shapes and sheets in XML is
relatively easy.  Has anyone done this?

I recall visio having menus where you could insert benchtops, tables,
and "Room Measurement" widgets.

thank you,
Greg