Re: problems in CVS build

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:44:30 -0800
Geoff Gerrietts <ggerrietts@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've built Dia successfully out of CVS, but I'm suffering from a
> couple fairly minor afflictions. I could spend more time trying to
> track these down myself, but I thought I'd ask first to see if anyone
> had advice.
>
> My "make install" regularly fails when trying to install the docs.
> Apparently, there are no document subdirectories to install. Anyone
> have ideas on why this is so? (Another hidden dependency? A make
> target I need to run? Files I need to leech from somewhere?)
I had similar problem.....After ./configure I changed /dia/doc/Makefile
to:
---------
install:
uninstall:
all:
	echo Docs are not here
--------

then.... make, make install and it works....

> My final install doesn't actually successfully display a splash
> screen. It brings up a little frame with what looks like an effort at
> displaying a graphic, but there's no graphic there. Is this a
> side-effect of not being able to get past the documentation part of
> make install?

Yes this is all about. I checked this. And you have warring about assertion after run, haven't you ?
Afeter hacking /dia/doc/Makefile all is fine

Paul Rozanski