Re: Re: Re: Re: cant run dia on windows

Sartaj,

I don't know if this works, just trying to use my imagination with something
that seems to be quickly solved for most people in one or the other way that
so many already has suggested.

You could try using / instead of \ in the path you specify (e.g. "C:/home"),
as I have sometimes seen problems arising from the \ being interpreted as an
escape character. All Windows variants that I know of, and even old MS-DOS,
support the forward slash ('/') internally as an alternate directory
delimiter.

If this doesn't work, could you please try to tell us something more about
your platform: Which kind of Windows is it, and in which language locale and
character set, for instance? (codepage, far-east support, whatever...) This
might help give us a clue to what might be the problem in your case.

Also, I know that for instance on NT/W2K, the autoexec.bat is not used at
all, and there you have a different place to specify environment variables
like this. (Somewhere in the Control Panel of course.)

Does Dia really not start at all, or is it "just" this warning message
popping up before it proceeds as normal?

Best regards,

-+-Ben-+-