Re: compiling CVS-Snapshot under NetBSD or Debian/GNU Linux?

Le Thu, Feb 07, 2002, à 08:53:16AM +0100, Hanno 'Rince' Wagner a écrit:

> > > Running intltoolize
> > > intltoolize: not found
> >
> > You need intltools-0.12
>
> Ah :-) okay. BUT:
>
> intltoolize is within the cvs-snapshot:
>
> angua:~/src/dia/dia-cvs-snapshot> ls intlt*
> intltool-extract    intltool-merge      intltool-update
> intltool-extract.in intltool-merge.in   intltool-update.in

No it's not. It's product files are.

Please note that while the intltoolize which is installed on my machine has
put these files in, it has not put *itself* in. If you want to run
./autogen.sh, you *must* have the whole intltools-0.12 package installed.
OTOH, if you don't have this package installed, you must NOT run
./autogen.sh, and just use the ./configure "as supplied".

> aclocal: configure.in: 124: macro `AM_LANGINFO_CODESET' not found in
> library
> aclocal: configure.in: 125: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library

ripple effects of the absence of the intltools *package*, this time when
running aclocal (because intltools.m4 is not in your /usr/share/aclocal)

> what am I doing wrong here?

not reading the NEWS file.

Grumpf.