compiling CVS-Snapshot under NetBSD or Debian/GNU Linux?

Hi,

I just tried to compile a CVS-snapshot of dia under NetBSD-1.5.2,
but I seem to miss something. Here is what I did:

--------
angua:~/src/dia> gtar xfz dia-CVS-20020206-0823.tar.gz
angua:~/src/dia> ls
dia-0.88.1.tar.gz                       dia-cvs-snapshot
dia-CVS-20020206-0823.tar.gz
angua:~/src/dia> cd dia-cvs-snapshot/
angua:~/src/dia/dia-cvs-snapshot> ./autogen.sh
--prefix=/home/rince/public
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
intl/ subdirectory exists: use option -f if you really want to
delete it.
Running intltoolize
intltoolize: not found
Running libtoolize
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "De_DE"
aclocal: configure.in: 124: macro `AM_LANGINFO_CODESET' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 125: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
       LC_ALL = (unset),
       LANG = "De_DE"
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'; error while making link: File exists
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'; error while making link: File exists
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'; error while making link: File exists
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING';	error while making link: File exists

objects/standard/Makefile.am:3: library used but `LIBTOOL' not defined in `configure.in'
configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..

Now type 'make' to compile dia.
angua:~/src/dia/dia-cvs-snapshot> make
cd . && autoheader
make: don't know how to make ./config.status. Stop
angua:~/src/dia/dia-cvs-snapshot> gmake
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
./config.status: Can't open ./config.status
gmake: *** [config.status] Error 2

What am I missing here? Why isn't it able to compile dia properly?

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince@IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |