Re: Dynamic Arrows

Le Fri, Feb 01, 2002, à 06:32:15PM -0600, Richard Rowell a écrit:
> On Friday 01 February 2002 00:37, you wrote:
> > Sounds great !
> > How are theses strokes described ? (SVG ?)
> I was thinking of an XML document, although I'm new to XML and this could
> probably be improved by someone who knows XML a bit better...

> <arrow>
> 	<name>Crow Foot</name>
> 	<type>ERD</type>
> 	<strokes>
> 		<stroke type="line">
> 			<point x="0" y="0"/>
> 			<point y="1" y="1"/>
> 		</stroke>
> 	</strokes>
> </arrow>

Then strike that <stroke> section and grab (share) the SVG-reading code from
the Shapes support. This'll save you a lot of time and make the overall
system more consistent. SVG is the standard for describing this kind of
geometry in XMLish way (at least, that's the standard dia uses in addition
to its own format).

What information was this <type> tag supposed to carry ?

> The I was thinking of a coordinate system where the origin is "on the line"
> 1/2 of the "length" of the arrow away from "to".  The coordinates would be
> such that 100,0 would be "to".

So, basically, the exact shape of the arrow depends on the size of the line
which holds the arrow ? Uuuuh. Why not take the existing "width" and
"length" and use these as a scaling factor (and define the arrow as in a 1x1
or 10x10 or 100x100 box, you choose the scale) ?

Grumpf.