Re: Dynamic Arrows

On Friday 01 February 2002 00:37, you wrote:
> Sounds great !
> How are theses strokes described ? (SVG ?)
I was thinking of an XML document, although I'm new to XML and this could
probably be improved by someone who knows XML a bit better...

<arrow>
	<name>Crow Foot</name>
	<type>ERD</type>
	<strokes>
		<stroke type="line">
			<point x="0" y="0"/>
			<point y="1" y="1"/>
		</stroke>
	</strokes>
</arrow>

The I was thinking of a coordinate system where the origin is "on the line"
1/2 of the "length" of the arrow away from "to".  The coordinates would be
such that 100,0 would be "to".

> > 1.  Where a good place to initialize the list would be.
> > 2.  Is there a preferred method of storage for global lists such as this.

> You could imitate what the shape-loading code does (without the need to
> make this modular, ie you can put that in lib/ IMO. Perhaps even in a
> subdirectory of lib, like lib/arrows if you need several compilation units.
> I should have done this for properties.)

I haven't looked at the shape code yet, but I will.

> [*] This means: warning, nasty moving target. Currently, we don't embed,
> but there have been repeated expressions of interest for this feature.
> Kivio does this, IIRC. Safe bet would be: make it run without embedding,
> but don't make this too difficult to add afterwards. Ideally, a shared
> facility for embedding/loading on the fly could be added.

Ugh.
Richard Rowell
rwrowell@bellsouth.net

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves
upon execution. - Robert Sewell