Re: Naming and stuff [was Re: Structuring DIA sheets]

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

>> > Isometric map symbols :-)
>
> Ill definately think about it.
>
>> > BTW, speaking of names, there should be (if there is not already)
>
> grudgingly i guess you are right, i will probably decide some time on a
> right way and do up a shedload of patches.
> The convention for Menu Items is 'First Letter Up' and i think that it
> would be wise to follow that convention, and as much as possible avoid
> pronouns.

First Letter Up?  But Not Following The Book Title Capitalization System,
Where A Few Words Are Not Capitalized?

>> Good point.  Some guidelines for object creation would be useful.  Alan,
>> have you started anything in that direction?
>
> I vaguely intend to edit most of the current black and white shapes to
> use 'foreground' and 'backround' so that users will be allowed and able
> to easily change the colours.

That would be a lovely thing to get done.

> I should probably add a section to the
> manual about how to create new shapes (save as .shape) and addtional
> things you can do to tweak the XML by hand.  The first thing i need to do
> for the manual is to write a good description of UML, and then for every
> other sheet.  I also have about 20 PNG i spent a whole afternoon cutting
> and cropping that i should add to the documentation.

I'm finding Dia itself is decent at making icons, if you give it a little
planning.  Especially if you're doing the colored background, it's easy to
place a colored square and then build on top of that.  Export as 22x22 PNG
and it's ready to go.