Re: Dia Shapes

Lars Clausen wrote:

> Wow, this is beautiful!  I especially like the nicely colored icons.  We
> should do that for the other sheets as well, it makes them so much easier
> to navigate.  Thank you so much for this contribution!
>
> A couple comments:
>
> Some of the PCB shapes, mostly the SMD's, don't have any connection points.
> Is that on purpose (he asks, with next to zero knowledge of PCB stuff).

For the first pads I made I did put connection points in and most of the time
they worked pretty well but in some cases if they were approached at a sharp
angle the end of the line would not cover the pad fully and I would have to move
them closer in and in some cases the snap to made it difficult. I usually just
overlap the line onto the shape. The SMD were the last ones I made just didn't
see a big need for connection points. Oh I forgot to mention that in my readme
in the tarball that when I scale the pads especially the IC's and filters , I zoom
in
to 800% or so to get them exact.

> The RCA Jacks have a white ellipse cutting out some of the circle.  Is that
> supposed to be that way, or are you just trying to make an arc?  Arcs can
> be made directly in SVG.

Most of the styles of these symbols are based on many schematics I've
seen and are also based on the look of the symbols in the ARRL handbook
When dia introduced the export freaure to create shapes I tried to create
an arc and export it but when I tried to have it loaded into dia I didn't
work too well so this was my solution at the time. This may be straightened
out by now and can be corrected later. If you want a solid circle you can
just remove it I guess.

> Some but not all of the shapes allow the line color to be set.  Leaving out
> the color spec from the line allows setting.

It has been awhile since I did most of these and I do remember permanently
setting the colors for some particular reason but I don't remember which
ones.