Re: Dia Shapes

On Sun, 08 Dec 2002, J. S. Gilstrap wrote:
> I have been dabbling in dia for a couple of years and have
> created a library of shapes for printed circuit board pads
> and have taken the original Circuit library and have added
> many new symbols and renamed it Schematic. I haven't
> been involved on the dia-list but maybe I should be so
> this is my first release of these shapes. I really don't know
> how to get these shapes intergrated into the distribution
> or if that is possible or necessary but here they are.

Wow, this is beautiful!  I especially like the nicely colored icons.  We
should do that for the other sheets as well, it makes them so much easier
to navigate.  Thank you so much for this contribution!

A couple comments:

Some of the PCB shapes, mostly the SMD's, don't have any connection points.
Is that on purpose (he asks, with next to zero knowledge of PCB stuff).

The RCA Jacks have a white ellipse cutting out some of the circle.  Is that
supposed to be that way, or are you just trying to make an arc?  Arcs can
be made directly in SVG.

Some but not all of the shapes allow the line color to be set.  Leaving out
the color spec from the line allows setting.

Thanks again for an excellent contribution.