Re: Dia & Schemas/DTDs

Hi again,

First of all, thanks for your replies!

We have concluded that Dia is not the way to go for us. The main reasons for
this are:

- Dia is not very extensible. For example, adding extra attributes to shapes
to put extra meta data in is not possible within XML boundaries.
- Validation of the XML source files is not possible. The problem with this
is that you can not safely write Dia XML in other editors, like a
XML/text-editor. Additionally, in my opinion, all XML documents should be
validatable.

Like James K. Lowden said earlier, it wouldn't be too easy for us to
contribute fixes to cover our critism. Maybe there are internal
architectural changes needed, well that's not easy for an outsider and would
possibly take too much time.

To draw our network diagrams, we looking at RDF/GraphViz/IsaViz as
alternative.Information about RDF:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/01/24/rdf.html
http://www.w3.org/RDF/

Describing our network in RDF is possible because a descriptional view of a
network consists all of meta data.

Example:
http://www.w3.org/2001/Talks/0506-semwai/sirpac-image.html

Durk