Re: thanks for tedia2sql

> Thanks for tedia2sql, I used it with pgsql and it's
> very useful.

Great! I've had about five reports of tedia2sql working. Two people
actively trying to get bugs solved for them, both of which seem to've
worked their way to resolution. One person trying to add a large feature
set to tedia2sql (Class inheritance).

Also a proposed large feature set which I'm still unsure how to handle,
involving using special RDBMS constructs like CASCADE.

Just a reminder to the lists, tedia2sql is still under development and
currently stable. Main web page (http://tedia2sql.tigris.org) was updated
to require Dia 0.90 because there's a problem with UML Components under
0.88.1.

> About your changes to Dia to show more connect dots,
> could those be merged in main Dia version?

I've submitted two patches to the maintainers and, as far as I'm aware,
the first was accepted but the second, which I feel is technically
superior & which replaces the first patch, has not.

In any case, current Dia CVS has an ability to use more connection points
on the top & bottom... IF YOU RECOMPILE DIA FROM SOURCE.

I've... begged?... the Dia maintainers to make more connection points on
UML classes the standard behaviour and submitted the second patch to make
sure this wouldn't harm legacy users of Dia. Getting more connection
points is a FAQ, so I figure it can't be only me that wants it. The
general consensus seems to be Dia will continue to have "8" connection
points UNLESS YOU RECOMPILE.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect