ugh, moore's "law"

>Moores law is increasingly making a mockery of the pain in the ass
>installation systems that linux developers seem to prefer.  (Learn from
>Apple and) Give me convenient fat binaries! it would take me less time
in
>the long run.

if everyone leans on moores law it will leave us with some pretty slow
computers. People have begun to use inneficient languages such a java,
and to compile binaries to bytecode or apples "fat binaries".
Optimization is forgotten, instead everyone ships with debugging
symbols.
Multiply this by every piece of software in your system, and you have
an unmitigated disaster.
CPU/compenent speeds have been supposedly going up, yet somehow
computers seem aesthetically slower as the years go by.