Re: Announce: xsd2dia

Thanks for the tips & encouragement Andrew.

Let me amend my original statement that xsd2dia will not be supported: I
do welcome feedback on xsd2dia since it could be very helpful to a newer
work in progress.

(Thanks for your comments on the "xsd:" prefix Andrew!)

Also your suggestion for a Nodular mailing list is a good idea.  For
anyone who is interested, Nodular is a Tcl library designed mainly with
the goal of forward- and reverse-engineering Dia diagrams (UML and
eventually ER etc) to / from Java, [incr Tcl] (!), SQL, XML, etc.  The
first attempt at Nodular, version 0.8, is available at:

     http://www.mountaingrouse.org/nodular.html

It is slow and uses a lot of memory.  It is also incomplete, since
development has all but stopped on version 0.8.  I'm working on a new
version, 1.0, which is also slow but doesn't use much memory.  Nodular
1.0 will also adhere closely to published standards (whereas 0.8 has
LOTS of hacks...).

Nodular 0.8 gives an indication of the direction of the project.  I will
make an announcement here in a few weeks re: version 1.0, once it is
stable and mature enough to be of use and also has some documentation,
mailing list, etc.

Thanks & cheers!

Johann