Re: How to add meta information, or to easy find objects in the xml file?

 On Thu. 15/08/02,  Gunther Laure wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First of all: I love dia! ;-)
>
> My problem is this:
> I want to draw a schematic-"template" in dia. Using xslt I want to
draw specifyable zig-zag lines with more or less width. This would be
easy, if I could add something like an id or name to a object (in
properties), which could be in the xml file like this:

> - <dia:object type="Standard - ZigZagLine" version="0" id="O11">
>  <dia:attribute user_defined_name="my-extremly-special-line">

> - <dia:attribute name="obj_pos">
>
>   </dia:object>
>

> Anyone a idea?

Perhaps you can mark  all the ZigZagLines you are interested into,
and form with them a group. Groups are easily identified in the file.
You change anything you want in the file, and back in Dia you break
the group.
(When several objects are grouped, I think you can change some common
properties for all of them; but can't do any special thing to just one
of the objects of the group)

Loli
email:  loli@unsa.edu.ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net