Re: How to add meta information, or to easy find objects in the xml file?

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Gunther Laure wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First of all: I love dia! ;-)
>
> My problem is this: I want to draw a schematic-"template" in dia. Using
> xslt I want to draw specifyable zig-zag lines with more or less
> width.

How would you use XSLT for the width?  I don't quite get this part.

> This would be easy, if I could add something like an id or name to
> a object (in properties), which could be in the xml file like this:
>
> - <dia:object type="Standard - ZigZagLine" version="0" id="O11">
> 	<dia:attribute user_defined_name="my-extremly-special-line">

> - <dia:attribute name="obj_pos">
>
>   </dia:object>
>

> Anyone a idea?
>
> I need about 100 graphics with different lines "activated" ...

No way to do that currently.  There has been some calls for things like
this, and I'm pondering a good way to do it.  Another similar thing
frequently asked for is HTML links attached to objects.

I've also considered extending the selection menu with 'select by
property', but that'll take some work.