Re: Dia's user interface

Lars Clausen wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:
> >
> > I just want to say that for me is quite important to know if the
> > diagram has been saved before closing it: Many times I open a diagram
> > and go from changing the diagram to process it once and again. And is
> > very important to be sure the diagram was saved before processing it.
> >
> > May be the present string is too big; but may be the * is too small.
>
> Unless you exit Dia by brutal means (leaving X, typing Ctrl-C in a
> terminal), Dia will ask before closing an unsaved diagram.  So you won't
> accidentally lose your work just because you don't notice the modified
> marker.

I suspect the concern is that she wants to be sure she has saved the
diagram *before* doing additional work on it (as a check-point, I
suppose).  Perhaps color could help (red -> modified, green -> unchanged
from saved copy)?  (Or red and invisible...)

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu
O sibile, si ergo.  Fortibus es enaro.