Re: Dia's user interface

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

> I agree with you on this.  I have considered removing the !, but I
never
> thought of removing the whole string.  Three randomly sampled GTK
programs
> (Sodipodi, Gnumeric and Gnucash) don't have any indication of
modification
> at all.  Gedit has "(modified)" in the window title, whereas Gimp
prepends

> a *.  I think we should go with the *.  Since we warn before closing
> modified diagram anyway, the information is not that important.

I just want to say that for me is quite important to know if the
diagram has been saved before closing it: Many times I open a diagram
and go from changing the diagram to process it once and again. And is
very important to be sure the diagram was saved before processing it.

May be the present string is too big; but may be the * is too small.

Loli
email:  loli@unsa.edu.ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net