RE: Review of Keybindings [Re: Dia's user interface]

> > Finally found the HIG (not easily found from Gnome.org).
>
> Where is it? I clicked on Alan's link, but it's seriously outdated (no
> updates in ~1.5 years).

here is a more appropriate link, and it is dated 2002
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/

here is slashdot article from a while back
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/20/1752205&mode=nested

the page that i first linked to has stuff from 2000 at the top of the page
and stuff from 2001 at the bottom of the page.
I think it is ironic that a usability website could be so confusing.

> > We shall probably need to break a number of long-standing
> > settings soon.  I
> > don't know if this should be before or after the next release.  Probably
> > after, I think this release has waited long enough already.
>
> Prior to 1.0, but I'd agree that a new release sooner rather than later
> would be good.

Fine by me, but i would hope this could be done before extensive changes
such as the migration to Gnome/Gtk2.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan

http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/