Problems with exporting UML diagrams to EPS under Win2K?

I think this question has been asked before, but without a
resolution --- I was wondering if anyone had a solution.

When I export UML diagrams from dia as EPS files, and use them
in LaTeX with the graphicx package (though I think how I use
them is actually irrelevant), they render badly --- some of the
text, particularly the italic text, exceeds the boundaries of
the boxes.

I am using Dia under Windows 2000, if this is relevant.

Does anyone know why this happens, and more importantly, does
anyone know of a solution or workaround? I definitely need the
files as EPS before they are imported into LaTeX --- whether
they are exported from dia as such is not necessarily
important, if there were an intermediary conversion stage.

Regards,
Andrew.

--
Andrew Ferrier