RE: Newbie: Lost my fit-to-page lines??

> Fred Welland [mailto:fwelland@intelixinc.com] wrote

> So I took your automake stuff and nuked the symlinks with the
> revs you sent and retried the build.  Which worked much
> better but did eventally error out with something like the
> following...((actually this stuff is below)

Woops, forgot about the translations problem - actually, this is a really
annoying one because I don't know how to fix it - I just type
touch po/zh_TW.gmo
to get past it. Does anyone else know how to fix this properly??
Maybe it should be submitted as a bug :-)

> living on the edge I gave app/run_dia.sh a go and dia fired
> up.  And loaded one of diagrams (call it 'A') and that
> looked/worked/printed fine.  The other diagram ('B') had the
> same problems as with 88.1.  For kicks I loaded A back in
> 88.1 and that appears/works/prints fine ; but B misbehaves in
> both 88.1 and 89.0.
>
> I am thinking something is strange with the dia file.
> Haven't spelunked in the XML yet...but may try that (I kinda
> want the B diagram enuff to try this).  I will note that the
> 'virtual canvas' with diagram B looks funny - by this I mean,
> the rulers seem to have negative coordinates and the whole
> canvas is HURGE.  The A diagram still has negative ruler
> coordinates but the canvas seems smaller.

With regard to the diagram B, I have found some diagrams stuffed beyond what
dia can fix. Did you try loading it into 0.89, saving it and then reloading
it?? If this doesn't work, export it as a .dia file and then troll through
the source (with your favourite editor) searching for large numbers (+ and
-), then manually delete the objects either in the xml (if you like a
challenge) or in dia if you can work out which ones they are. Once I hand
patched the coords for a couple of objects to get it to load - a lot of
work, but my wife was happy.

> Any further help/hints?  BTW: with the compile 89.0 rev, I
> don't have any cools stuff like the network objects etc on my
> tool bar palete...

As for missing the network objects etc, did you rm the
sheets/build-sheets.stamp file then do a make?? (the 'RE: Crash when opening
file' reference).

Hope this helps.

Rob.