RE: Newbie: Lost my fit-to-page lines??

OK,

So I grabbed dia-CVS-20011015-0723.tar.gz (from the url you gave me)
which I presume is 10/15's cvs snapshot, correct? When I tar xzvf'ed it.
It unrolled everything and I noticed two dangling links:

py-compile ->/usr/share/automake/py-compile

and

depcomp -> /usr/share/automake/depcomp

The build didn't work because of the  missing depcomp - no surprises
there.

I don't do alot of compiling on this box, just stuff like ALSA and gaim;
but am I supposed to have these things?  If so, where do I get them?
Also, ./configure mentioned something about unicode support - which I
prefer.  Where do i get the needed libs for this.

Thanks for your help.

-Fred