RE: Crash when opening file

>> The CVS snapshot (20010916-07231) doesn't seem to properly load the
>> object libraries.  I've checked and all the links appear correct, and
>> the files are all in the right places.  I noticed a similar problem
>> in the archives, but there didn't seem to be any resolution.

> Is this before/after installation?? If you just compile and run
> app/dia it will not work - use app/run_dia.sh to run dia from the
> compile directory, or install it. Let me know if this works - it does
> for me at the moment.

I have been running app/run_dia.sh.  I've also tried to install it and
that didn't work either.  It almost seems like dia is loading the object
libraries, but not making them available for use.  I say this because
when I go to the plugins menu, it shows them all as being loaded.  On
start up I get the following messages:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkMenuItem'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmenuitem.c: line 310 (gtk_menu_item_activate):
assertion `menu_item != NULL' failed.

Is this normal or could this be a symtom of the problem?

>> Another issue that I'm having is when I do open the file, I get the
>> following error dialog "Taking enum value of non-enum node."

> Save the file then reload it - it seems to be a backwards
> compatibility issue (I spent a while looking at it thinking it was the
> reason for your crash, and then I re-read your original email...) -
> there are a number of warnings that appear due to a whole heap of XML
> issues (poor Cyrille is still recovering from the XML mess he had to
> deal with :-).

Okay, that worked. =)