Re: ERD - or creating lines.

Nick Davies wrote

>	I'm quite new  to dia (it's very nice). I'm just wanting to know if
>there are any ERD (entity relationship diagram) sheets available for
>dia, or failing that how do i create line objects in my own sheets. I
>know how to create shapes to be placed in a diagram, But i'm wanting to
>know how to create the lines needed for an erd (crowsfeet etc...)

It's...er..."scheduled". My long term pipe-dream is to have IDEF1X and
an IE ("crows-feet") sheets (or objects even). Unfortunately I'm rather
preoccupied with unpleasant things right now. We're currently using the
UML sheet for ERDs, and there are a few tools to "foward-engineer" them
into SQL (though none in CVS at the moment).

One that is particularly difficult to install is here:

ftp://az.water.usgs.gov/pub/ashalper/src/dia/plug-ins/sql-0.02.tar.gz

Andy