Re: format conversion between DIA and graphviz (dot)?

Steven,

Dot supports SVG (which is an XML language) as an output format,
you might be able to use this directly with dia?   Dot's SVG output is
already compatible with sodipodi.

I've also been looking at dia recently with a view to offering an automatic
layout feature based on graphviz, however dia's shapes are not
consistently described by SVG which makes this idea somewhat problematic.

We are also interested in extending dot to support an XML graph
description language for input. RGML is a possibility:
	http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~puninj/RGML/
Perhaps you have some opinions on this?

John Ellson