Re: PS tricks & dia export

Hi!

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Neil Zanella wrote:

> I don't know how to fix this but I am using teTeX with pstricks as ships
> with Red Hat 7.1 and find that when I export all labels appear shifted
> to the left. Also, the diagram seems to end up having extra white space
> on the left which makes it impossible to center the pstricks image.

Try 0.88 or newer. I think I fixed that. If 0.88 has the same problem,
please send me the dia file.

> I am running dia-0.86-4. I run the pstricks output by \including{} it
> in a latex2e file and uncommenting the following three lines (because if
> I don't then it doesn't work):
>
> \newcommand{\setlinejoinmode}[1]{}
> \newcommand{\setlinecaps}[1]{}
> \newcommand{\setfont}[2]{}

Same as above, get 0.88 or newer. The reason for these is explained in
FAQ.

> The PSTricks that comes with teTeX is from May 3, 1999 as the file
> /usr/share/texmf/doc/generic/pstricks/VERSIONS shows. Is this old?

Yes. This is too old. Get Dec. 1999 or newer.

> As it turns out as of today the latest version on CTAN is dated
> (February 21, 2001). Perhaps I will notify the teTeX maintainer
> with a request to update the package in the distro and upgrade
> pstricks on my own box and see what happens.

I did long time ago, did not help. You are welcome to try it again.

Best Regards,

Jacek